Safeline supports female survivors of sexual violence (women, girls and anyone who identifies as female). We work with female survivors of all ages, backgrounds and identities and can also offer support to the family and friends around you who have been affected by what has happened. Our face-to-face services are available to females aged 3+ in Coventry and Warwickshire; and we offer online and telephone counselling to adult survivors (18+) of childhood sexual abuse in England & Wales.
Only 1 in 6 victims/survivors ever report sexual violence to the Police (Crime Survey for England & Wales 2020)
‘I felt like I had won the lottery when I was given access to this service. Thankfully I am in a much better place mentally… I believe I am only in this better place because I had access [to services] that were specific to my needs’.
Safeline is a person-centred, trauma-informed sexual violence support service. Since 1994, we’ve directly supported 100,000+ people impacted by sexual violence. The insight gained informs our deep understanding of how trauma affects survivors and enables us to develop and adapt our high-quality and effective trauma-informed practice — empowering individuals to cope and recover, ensuring:
- Trustworthiness and transparency
- Peer support
- Collaboration and mutuality
- Empowerment, voice, and choice
- Cultural, historical and gender access
You listened, made me feel that you felt my pain and genuinely wanted to help. The staff are very supportive and put me at ease to discuss things that are beyond difficult.
Our service-delivery model is designed with users at the centre, and shaped by survivors, ensuring it is accessible, comprehensive and integrated — a ‘one-stop-shop’ for people affected by sexual violence.
- Safeline is survivor-led, with former service-users and survivors represented at all organisational levels, including Board. The survivors’ voice influences and informs everything we do.
- We provide comprehensive services that minimise the need for survivors to access multiple providers, as each poses a chance to re-traumatise.
- Our services are free, tailored, integrated and long-term.