Established in 1994, Safeline is a specialist charity that works to prevent sexual violence and abuse and support those affected to cope and recover.
Our Vision is that everyone affected by or at risk of sexual violence and abuse should feel supported and empowered.
Safeline provides specialist, tailored support for anyone affected by or at risk of sexual abuse and rape, that empowers them to make choices about the lives they want and helps prevent abuse.
We have a clear set of values that are reflected in everything we do, these include being:
- Client Led
The main activities of the charity include:
- Providing Prevention/Early Intervention services to help prevent child sexual abuse and effective early support to children and young people who are at risk throughout England and Wales.
- Providing counselling and therapeutic support to survivors of sexual violence and abuse throughout England and Wales.
- Providing independent, non-judgmental emotional and practical support to anyone who has experienced historical or recent sexual violence and abuse.
- Providing education, training to prevent and address sexual violence and abuse throughout England and Wales.
- Are available to anyone aged 3+
- Are trauma-informed and person-centred
- Are free, independent, confidential, available long-term
- Meet best practice quality standards. For further information about our accreditation standards please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01926 402498.
- Can be accessed in the way that best suits individual needs, face-to-face or remotely by telephone and online (Text, email, Live-chat)
‘’Just brilliant on every level. Having searched various services for 30 years, from referral to conclusion, by far the best and successful. Fabulous people, very knowledgeable, skilled, passionate, caring, professional, adapting provision to the needs of the client’’
Everyone at Safeline is fully committed to ensuring that anyone at risk of or affected by sexual violence and abuse is able to access high-quality, long-term, specialist, tailored support, quickly, that helps them cope and recover and stay safe.Learn more
Our Board of Trustees are all volunteers drawn from a cross-section of different backgrounds and chosen for their skill sets to support Safeline and provide diversity of experience. They are responsible for appointing the Chief Executive Officer and ensuring sound management of the professional, ethical, legal, and financial affairs of the Charity.Learn more
Our services would not exist without the generosity of our supporters. We are very grateful to our stakeholders, funders, trusts & foundations, corporate supporters, individual donors, community associations and all those who wish to remain anonymous.Learn more
Safeline was founded in 1994 by Di Shoreman, a social worker from Warwickshire. Di supported people with mental health issues and discovered many of her clients had been sexually abused as children. She recognised there was a lack of specialist support and she quit her job to do something about it.Learn More