A chISVA is a qualified ISVA who has received specialist training to support children from age 3.
Our chISVA provides independent emotional and practical support to children and young people living in Warwickshire who have experienced sexual violence or abuse at any time in their lives. They work with children and their families and carers to make sure they have the best possible tailored advice, information, access to services and support needed and can act as an advocate when dealing with other agencies. The chISVA service can also provide support to individuals aged 18 to 25 years who have additional needs.
Some examples of things a chISVA can help you with are:
- Providing emotional and practical support through the criminal justice process when this is needed
- Creating a support plan for you by listening carefully to your needs and concerns
- Helping you to access health and other services
- Attending appointments with you
- Speaking to professionals on your behalf
- Finding the right support to suit your individual needs
- Helping you to be safe and stay safe
People who have used our ISVA service say things like ‘I couldn’t believe all the things they did to help me’
Find out more including easy ways to refer to the service by visiting the ISVA page.