Due to COVID-19 and Government’s guidance, we are currently delivering all training online via zoom or teams.
Safeline offers specialist training on all aspects of sexual violence and abuse throughout England and Wales.
This includes prevention work and education in schools to high-quality specialist training programmes for professionals, businesses, and other organisations.
All of our training and prevention work is outcome based and underpinned by a wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise that comes from effectively supporting thousands of people affected by sexual violence and abuse. It is also underpinned by evidence based research.
We have a range of training packages that can be delivered face-to-face or online or we can create a package tailored to the specific needs of your organization.
Contact us on email@example.com for more information
Safeline offer the following training packages:
- Prevention and Early intervention Training
- Counsellor/Helpline/Online Training (AIM Qualifications & Assesment Group Accredited)
- Specialist training
Prevention and Early Intervention Training
At Safeline we know that our services can make a difference and we have over 20 years’ experience of working with young people who have suffered abuse so that they can heal from their experiences.
Last year we worked with hundreds of students in schools, youth clubs and other settings on creative projects that would help them to gain new skills and build confidence as well as learning how to stay safe. We train teachers, youth leaders and other professionals in child protection and safeguarding and enable them to understand and work with children and young people.
Safeline are currently offering 1.5 hour workshops/ twilight teacher training sessions for primary and secondary schools who would like a better understanding of the risks regarding online grooming and child sexual abuse. The course includes how to identify signs and symptoms, reporting child sexual abuse and how to support children and young people affected. If you would like further information please contact Colin Walker, Head of Education and Prevention Services at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counsellor/Online/Helpline Accredited Training – Working with Survivors of Sexual Abuse and Rape
A 30-hour AIM Qualifications & Assessment Group accredited training programme (level 2/3) for anyone supporting or wanting to support survivors of sexual violence and abuse. Learning outcomes include:
- The term sexual violence and abuse
- The causes and effects of sexual violence and abuse
- The potential impact on individuals working with survivors of sexual violence and abuse
- The importance of confidentiality when working with survivors
- The importance of record keeping when working with survivors
- Develops listening and response skills to support survivors
- The support systems within mental health services
*NEW COURSE* Recognising and responding to sexual violence and abuse (this course can purchased for your organisation as an in-house course)
A 1-day course developed by our lead associate Meena Kumari and her associate Sarah Wigley; (the course is currently seeking accreditation). Learning outcomes Include:
- Understand the term sexual abuse and sexual violence
- Understand the causes and effects of sexual abuse and violence
- Being able to respond to a disclosure of sexual abuse and violence
- Understand how sexual abuse and violence will impact different communities
- Understanding sexual abuse and the law
- Understanding the referral pathways and national/local services available for those impacted
Safeline can offer bespoke training packages tailored for your needs. Please contact Safeline lead associate Meena Kumari for further information.